Mysteries of the World for Kids

If you are a parent or a teacher, you must have noticed that today's children are very, very curious. They want to try out new things all the time. If I think back to my childhood, I didn't have access to this much information through the Internet and the available toys were also very limited. Nowadays, there are more sources of enjoyment for kids of all ages due to the advancements in technology. However, there are pros and cons of modern technological advancements. On one hand, children have a lot of things to do. They can play with more entertaining toys or watch fascinating videos but on the other hand, it is also increasingly becoming more and more difficult to keep their interest involved in learning critical skills such as mathematics and reading comprehension. 

All this made me think of going beyond my mobile apps and publishing unique and interesting content for children so that they start taking interest in school-related work. If you peruse my website, you will see very unique content such as worksheets on superheroes, insects, dinosaurs, to name a few. 

Most of my ideas come from the antics of my very curious 7 years old son 😁 and today's worksheets are also a result of his passion for seeing videos about extraterrestrial incidents  👽 and mythical creatures 🔱. Seeing him watch such videos made me think of making some reading comprehension worksheets for children on the topic of famous mysteries around the world. The only problem was that it was easier said than done. When I started making these worksheets, I realized that mysteries can be scary and I have to keep the tone of my writing child-friendly. So, this work took longer than I had anticipated. I hope you like my effort. Do share my work with friends and family but kindly share this webpage and not the PDF file. If you share just the PDF file with others, this will not benefit me at all. Don't you think I deserve some feedback from the hard work I have put into making these worksheets? If you will share the webpage then more and more people will learn about my website and this is what I want: free and inclusive education for all 😊

Below is a snapshot of what you will get in the PDF. I have talked about the Loch Ness monster popularly known as Nessie, Bigfoot, the Lost City of Atlantis, Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), and the Bermuda Triangle. I hope your children enjoy reading about these strange mysteries. At the end of the five passages, I have put together a couple of worksheets that can help you in gauging your child's understanding of the mysteries. Now, this may be a difficult read for younger kids so you can do them orally with them. These passages are perfect for children studying in grade 3.

Happy Reading and Writing 😊




Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources and tips.
For links to free educational apps, have a look at the educational apps page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards