Read and Write about Harry Potter

Hello Friends,

It has been a pretty long time since I did some read and write worksheets; the last I did were the Summer worksheets. If you missed those, have a look here. Now, I am here with something that is very, very close to my heart. I was in my junior year at my university when I read my first Harry Potter book. I fell in love with the wizarding world imagined by J. K Rowling. Today's children are super lucky as all the books are out and they can read them whenever they want. We had to wait ðŸ˜” for the next book to come out and it wasn't easy waiting. In any case, I loved everything HP (Harry Potter). So, when my elder one started reading books, I just couldn't wait to see him read Harry Potter. To my utter disappointment, he wasn't interested. HE WASN'T INTERESTED IN HARRY POTTER! Imagine my feelings 😔! One day, I coaxed him to read the first book. I promised him sweets and other goodies 😃. He gave me a tough time reading the first chapters but soon he was hooked. After that, he read all the books in less than a month!😃 Now, he wonders why he didn't ever read those books in the first place. I believe that young kids associate Harry Potter with the older version where he is fighting Voldemort and this is why they are overwhelmed and believe wrongly that they will not like Harry Potter. The first book is perfect for 8+ years old and this is why I decided to do these short and sweet reading comprehension worksheets about Harry Potter characters. I am sure that your children will like them. My younger one definitely liked them a lot and they pinched his curiosity enough for him to start reading the first book. Mission Accomplished! 

Have fun in the Harry Potter World!





Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources and tips.

For links to free educational apps, have a look at the educational apps page
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for educational videos for coding, mental maths, and phonics: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards