Irregular Verbs for Kids

🌷When children start learning English, the correct usage of tenses is very important. And when children start learning about tenses, it is essential that they use the correct form of the verb.
Normally, a verb like "𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽" will change, in accordance with the tense used, in the following way:
🍁 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲:
I 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽 very high.
🍁 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲:
I 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗱 very high.
🍁 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗲:
I ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝗷𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗱 very high.
Unfortunately, some verbs, called 𝗜𝗥𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗥 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗕𝗦, don't change so simply by adding "ed" to them.
𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲:
I 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 very tasty food.
I 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 very tasty food.
I ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 very tasty food last night.
OR
I 𝗿𝘂𝗻 to school every day.
I 𝗿𝗮𝗻 to school.
I ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝗿𝘂𝗻 to school.
OR
I 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝗺 in the lake.
I 𝘀𝘄𝗮𝗺 in the lake.
I ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝘀𝘄𝘂𝗺 in the lake.
OR the very unique verbs that don't change at all 😊
I 𝗰𝘂𝘁 an apple every day.
I 𝗰𝘂𝘁 an apple yesterday.
I ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝗰𝘂𝘁 an apple for my son.
I have compiled a list of the most common irregular verbs that should be taught to the children as soon as they start speaking English and start learning about tenses.


The images are of high quality and can be printed and glued on a wall for easy learning.
Revise them every day 😊.
⭐️⭐️⭐️𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗱𝗳 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲⭐️⭐️⭐️
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇



Download Worksheets for practicing English tenses👇:

Past Perfect Tense Worksheet

Future Perfect Continuous Tense Worksheet

Past Continuous Tense Worksheet

Present Perfect Tense Worksheet

Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources.

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ObsidianSoft/

Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/obsidiansoftapps/

For links to free educational apps, have a look at my educational apps page.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for educational videos for coding, mental maths, and phonics: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards