Mental Math - adding and subtracting 1-digit numbers

Besides Computer Programming/Coding, the subject of Mathematics has been very close to my heart. A strong foundation of math is essential in almost all fields of study. Besides having a clear knowledge of math concepts, another aspect of mathematics that is usually ignored is doing math in your brain.  We often see videos of people doing math sums lightning fast in their brains. They are nicknamed human calculators and people are just awed by their intelligence. I believe that most of these people have trained their brains to answer math questions. They use tricks and techniques to answer questions super-fast. This requires patience and training. A person cannot become excellent in something from the very first day. Yes, I know that there are true prodigies in this world. but what I am trying to explain is that doing math in your brain is not Rocket Science!  It shouldn't be considered impossible to achieve if we start training our brains now. Moreover, when children are younger, they are more receptive to new ideas so why not teach them these mental math tricks.

So, I have decided to demystify mental mathematics for my dear followers 😊. Now, you have to be patient here. This is not a one-day effort. It requires patience, perseverance, and being regular.  I am uploading videos for mental math on my YouTube Channel. You have to see my videos in order and not skip them as many classes are dependent on previous classes. The following booklet is for practicing concepts taught in Class #1 and Class #2 that cover the addition and subtraction of 1-digit numbers.



You can also download my Mental Math app for practicing these classes.





Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources and tips.

For links to free educational apps, have a look at the educational apps page
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for educational videos for coding, mental maths, and phonics: 

Special thanks to:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards