Natural Disasters for Kids

It is so difficult to find good reading material for children nowadays. If it is too simple, it may bore the children. If it is on a complicated topic, then the children may find it a difficult read. If you have been following my website and my Facebook page, you would know that reading comprehension is a subject close to my heart. I like flashcards too but the space is limited in a flashcard and it is a struggle to explain all the important points of a subject in just a teeny weeny flashcard 😀. This doesn't mean that I don't believe in the power of flashcards. They are an excellent way of building vocabulary as a picture is better than a thousand words! Having said that, flashcards limit the quantity of information. 

So, I started looking for another interesting topic for reading for the students and children of my dear followers. I didn't have to look far when I saw my 7 yrs old son drawing a meteor ☄️️. Unfortunately, he didn't color it. He is more into drawing with a pencil or a black felt pen. He even adds the shading with those writing instruments without even a single splash of color *sigh*. I tried to bribe him that I will make his meteor drawing a part of the Facebook post if he just colors it 🖍️but he liked his independence more! Children need to be given the freedom to explore their interests but that is a topic for another day 😉. Coming back to my reading worksheets, I decided to write about natural disasters. All the information has been collected from authentic websites like National Geographic.  I really enjoyed making these worksheets though I must say that it wasn't an easy task. I didn't want to talk about the deaths due to the devastation caused by natural disasters 🌋 such as wildfires 🔥and earthquakes but at the same time, I wanted to genuinely interest the children in reading the printables and absorbing the knowledge. I sincerely hope that I have been successful. My son did have fun reading these worksheets. I hope your children also enjoy them. Natural disasters cause destruction but they do fascinate everyone. Look at the number of movies made on them! Anyway, download the high-quality PDF from the link given below. Please make sure that the printer is set to "scale to fit" before you print the PDF on A4 size papers. 

If you like these worksheets, please also check out my Youtube Channel. I publish free classes for teaching Mental Math and Programming in Scratch.

Happy Learning.

Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources and tips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards