Phonics Fun Activities - Find the Word

Hello,

Phonics is the starting point of learning to read. Children learn the sounds of letters and can recognize that the letter 'a' makes the sound /a/ - the beginning sound that our mouth makes when we say the word apple

I personally really like the Jolly Phonics system of synthetic phonics as it has divided the English alphabets into groups in order of difficulty. For example, group 1 has the letters s, a, t, i, p, n. These letters are not just easy to learn but they also make the most 3-lettered words so that children can start to blend sounds and read 3-lettered words as soon as they know the group 1 sounds.

However, any kind of learning requires patience. I recommend that children spend at least a week on one letter before moving on to another letter. Moreover, make the learning of phonics fun using my Jolly Phonics Fun app. Children can not only learn phonics sounds but test their learning using multiple matching activities.

You can download my app from here:


I thought about making the phonics activities more fun and designed these "Find the Word" worksheets. You can easily print these worksheets and ask your children to figure out the spellings of the word. They will use their phonics knowledge along with an alphabet code to figure out the spellings and will have a lot of fun as they will feel like a detective!


I hope you like this effort. Do let me know in the comments if you like this kind of material so that I will think of something more interesting for future projects.

Check out my Phonics Flashcards here:

Check out my Jolly Phonics Group 1 worksheets here

Check out my Jolly Phonics Group 2 worksheets here

Check out my Jolly Phonics Group 3 worksheets here

Check out my Jolly Phonics Group 4 worksheets here



Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources and tips.
Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/obsidiansoft/_created/
For links to free educational apps, have a look at the educational apps page

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for educational videos for coding, mental maths, app development, and phonics: 

Special thanks to:
Freepik and vecteezy.com. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards