Learn about Animals in Urdu

Hello friends,

I am back with more educational resources in my mother tongue i.e. Urdu. I feel that in our pursuit to learn English, mother tongues or national languages are being neglected. For example, I was reading a few days ago that speakers of the Irish language (Gaelic) are declining day by day. Till the 18th century, Gaelic was the first language of Ireland but then it was changed to English. The Irish government realized that they will lose their heritage by focusing too much on English. Hence, in 1937, a revised Constitution designated Irish as "the first official language" because it is "the national language" while English was recognized as "a second official language". We need this kind of radical change to save the Urdu language and revive it. The government of Pakistan is working hard for this endeavor and has taken steps by introducing the Single National Curriculum in Urdu for primary grades. However, I thought that I should also use my knowledge and skills to contribute to this worthy effort. 


Animal Flash Cards for Kids:

So, here I am with my animal flashcards in Urdu. Each card is double-sided with a colorful picture of the animal on one side with the name in both Urdu and English. The other side of the card has a short description of the animal in Urdu. This is a wonderful way of teaching children how they can write about animals! I have also provided an Urdu to English dictionary for difficult words. Moreover, I have created two worksheets to test the learning of the children in a fun way. I hope you like this effort. Do comment if you want more resources like this. If you have something particular in mind, also mention it. Thank you 😊


How to make Animal flash cards:

Cut out an A4 size cardboard paper or you can even recycle an empty cereal box. Cut in the middle lengthwise. Print out the animal flashcards on A4 size paper. Put a piece of cardboard in the middle of the printed paper and glue the paper around it. Cut out the flashcards. You will get three double-sided flashcards from each printout. You can make all flashcards waterproof by covering them with Scotch tape.


More Urdu Resources:

Please like my Facebook page and Instagram page for more educational resources and tips.

For links to free educational apps, have a look at the educational apps page
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for educational videos for coding, mental maths, and phonics: 

Special Thanks to:
Freepik.com and Vecteezy.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jolly Phonics Group 1

Jolly Phonics Group 2

Jolly Phonics Flash Cards